"Little children, keep yourselves from idols." 1 John 5:21
went to stsm send-off today…
and as i watched the 2014 japan team leave…i couldn’t help but keep wishing i was leaving too….
i’ve never felt such strong feelings of nostalgia before…i ain’t even exaggerating… !!!
i wanna go back.
i miss japan.
teammate made a vlog of our stsm mission trip to japan…
one year later…hehe
i wanna go back…
"You just like the idea of me. You like the person I present myself under circumstances that I can control. I choose what I say and how I say things. It’s like being attracted to a fictional character in a book. They are scripted and made up. If you think about it, through writings, we all script and make ourselves up. I don’t share the person I become when I am upset. I don’t show you how I look like when I sleep. I don’t tell you about all the times I’ve made someone cry. All the guilty things I’ve done and the bad thoughts I’ve had." - Han (via theplainjane)
"But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." 2 Peter 3:8
1. my aunt, sister, and i went to go watch my cousin make his stage debut as antonio in the play, the duchess of malfi. so proud of you michael! the way you relentlessly pursue after your dreams really inspires me :)
2. i can’t believe it’s already been over a week. at first i couldn’t find the words to express how i felt and i couldn’t find the courage to face the reality of what happened…but i find peace knowing that in everything He is sovereign and that He has a greater purpose, even in this tragedy
3. my bootiful bestie is finally graduating!!! you’ve come a loooonnng way since your freshman year, dali (if ya know what i mean HAHA ;]). i am so so proud of you! you & i are now officially gonna be a d u l t s!!! (eek) soon it’s gonna be time to get married! jk. or am i o.o
4. grace threatened to instagram this convo of me and her (she thought i would be really embarrassed). but honestly, i find it endearing because it encapsulates our relationship so well. i miss her so much. only a couple more weeks till she’s back…i. can’t. wait. !!!
5. kcm end of the year hawaiian potluck. it’s all over now. i officially resign as inreach core (jk i still have two weeks left). but wow, what a roller coaster ride He’s taken me on this year. all in all, i learned to embrace not my own, but His agenda, and realized that it’s okay to not have it together all the time (:
6. sovereign grace’s community group football tournament! the college team did a lot better than we expected. we even made it to playoffs! i’m bruised, sore, exhausted, and tanned (very unevenly and unattractively on my legs :[), but it was so much fun. also, i cracked my phone screen last week. hence, no more clear selfies :(
"We didn’t say anything because there was such an awful lot to say, and no language to say it in."
two girls i’ve really come to care for and love here in sb.
and not in the at times (admittedly) obligatory, “oh i have to care for you since i’m your small group leader/inreach core/kcm leader/sister in christ/etc” kinda way, but in the “i love you because you’re the type of friend i wouldn’t dare eat ice cream without” kinda way.
two girls who’ve taught me that i’m actually not as great at showing love than i thought i was.
two girls who’ve shown me grace anyway.